Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Chicago based artist wants positive change through his new web series "Lucidity"



Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing inspiring Chicago based artist - Kiba Yeshua Keyy. His story is truly inspiring and I appreciate that he shared it with me.

Kiba is a boxer, yoga teacher, singer, actor, video editor and "a jack of all trades" as he puts it. He is the creator and lead actor in the new web series, "Lucidity." The web series is about unusual super heros with super powers and one ordinary hero who helps humanity and human kind. It is a very original story with original characters and I personally enjoyed watching it.

"My job is to make people happy," said Kiba. "I want to leave a mark for people like me who want to be positive. You can be a positive person and make a living out of it. Just be yourself."

Kiba is originally from Detroit where he grew up under harsh conditions. he came to Chicago to try to make it in the music industry because as he puts it "if you can make it in Chicago as a musician, you can make it anywhere. My job in music is to try to make songs about loving and uniting people and make them sound dark."

Kiba has his own production company called Bvlck Wolf Productions. He created it from the bottom up and he keeps on going. He sees himself as an inspiring entrepreneur. He stared acting as an extra on shows like Empire and Shameless where he met a a lot of talented and like-minded people who helped him create the series.

Kiba's inspiration and a change comes from his tough upbringing. He grew up with a single mother and siblings who fled from his abusive father away to a different city. "One time he tried to kill me," he recalls. So they moved to a safer place in a rural area, which turned out to be as he says "racist". He remembers his family being the only black family in town so he got picked on a lot by a "racist group the cowboys." Because of the many instances where he had to fight and stand up for himself and his siblings, he wasn't allowed to finish high school and he gave up on college. But his strong nature didn't stop him from fighting and finding his own ways to succeed, finding inspiration in music, boxing, yoga and acting.

What I found intriguing about his story is that despite his upbringing and tough life, he takes everything with positivity and love. He is not hostile, angry or negative - in fact quite the opposite. This passion and love he feels towards life and himself can even be seen in his series "Lucidity," which he also edits himself. He is also a self-taught video editor on top of everything else.

"The only reason I made it is because I love myself and I see everyone as myself and I want to help me," he said. "I wanted to have a hero with superpowers that you can see him in everyday life. A person in everything and not stopped by anything. He isn't scared."

In the future he wants to make more money and bring positive change in the world as "people listen to people with money," he says. He is very spiritual and believes in the power of self-love and being free. He also exhibits this belief in his music, which he says is not the typical "gangsta" style rap and hip hop but a positive message in a darker themed songs.



"Lucidity" on Facebook:

More on Blvck Wolf Productions:

Kibi's music page:

Kibi's Facebook"

Kibi's Instagram:
@Keyynuyasha
@Teesocray
@Blvckwolfproductions
@Luciditythewebseries





No comments:

Post a Comment