Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Have we lost our human connection?

I have recently started to observe the people around me whether it is on the bus, train, gym, store, etc and I seem to find one common theme - the constant use of technology. The cell phone or I Phone has become the main means of communication, a way to avoid contact, a way to escape reality, a way to be locked in one's world without the need to communicate face to face. It's hard to feel connected with one another when the cell phone or computer or IPad is in between. It seems to me we have lost the human touch, a part of our soul somewhere and we have allowed ourselves to be controlled, addicted, glued to our devices without realising the price we pay for that. So when you ask yourselves why am I lonely, depressed, angry, emotionless, look at your life...are you somehow emotionally distant from yourself, your loved ones, your friends? Do you spend enough time emotionally connecting with them by talking, laughing, crying, being emotionally present in the moment or do you spend that time glued to your phone, your computer?

Yes, technology is a necessity but let's not make it the main focus of life! Our souls need to feel free, connected and flourish, thriving to grow and we block that by relying entirely on technology. Ask yourself am I happy? Am I emotionally satisfied and in peace? Give yourself and your loved ones a day without looking at your phones, checking on Facebook and Twitter and I promise you will feel the difference! Let's allow ourselves to be free, connected and grow! This is the choice we all have to make as humans...do we become slaves of technology or do we live free and connected with one another. I have made mine! Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment